How To Use FTP
This 11-part video course shows you how to use FTP (File Transfer Protocol) to upload and transfer files from your computer to your server.
The video tutorials show you how to upload files to your server using a popular free FTP program called Filezilla. FileZilla is open source software distributed free of charge under the terms of the GNU General Public License. You can download it for free here: http://filezilla-project.org
- Warming Up To FTP (7:20) – In this video, you will learn the basics of FTP. The video covers FTP basics, what it is, and how it works.
- What You Need To Have Beforehand (6:36) – This video explains what you need before getting started.
- Getting Your Website Setup For File Transfer (2:23) – Once you’ve acquired your domain, web hosting, and FTP software, it’s time to connect your domain to your web hosting company. This video shows you step-by-step how to connect to your hosting server.
- Accessing Your Login Information (2:42) – Before you can connect to your FTP account using the Filezilla software, you will need your login information. This video shows you what you need to start using FTP and how to easily access your login details.
- Saving And Organizing Your Account Information In Filezilla (3:50) – Once you have your login information, you’ll want to be sure to organize your account information within Filezilla. This video shows you how to avoid frustration and time wasting by being properly organized.
- Connecting to your FTP Account In Filezilla (2:42) – In this video, you will learn how to connect to your FTP account so you can start uploading the necessary files to your website. This video also addresses problems you may face during the process and how to overcome these.
- Where Do You Upload To? (1:31) – Once you’ve logged into your server with your FTP account, you will see that your web files contain many different folders. This video helps you understand which folder in your server you should upload your files to, in order to transfer all of your website files correctly.
- Uploading to the Filezilla Manager (4:37) – This video shows you how to use the Filezilla manager to upload your files correctly.
- How To Delete, Copy, Move Files, Create Folders And More (4:40) – In this video, you’ll learn the basic things you can do while you are within the FTP program. You’ll learn vital tasks such as how to delete a file or folder, how to copy and move files and folders around, how to create a new folder in your server, and more.
- Live Website Rules 101 (2:54) – This video will help you get your site up and running. Once you understand how to upload and transfer files, there are some basic rules to keep in mind. This video addresses issues and problems you may run into when trying to make your site go live.
- Transfer Files Without FTP Software (7:07) – What happens if you are traveling and don’t have access to the computer in your home or office that has the FTP software installed? This video shows you ways to access your website using your browser without using FTP software.
Bonus #1 – Additional FTP Training Videos
This package includes 10 additional FTP training videos. These videos cover the basics of using FTP, plus additional areas like how to connect securely to your server, how to resume interrupted file transfers, exporting and importing Filezilla settings, and how to view hidden files.
Bonus #2 – Domain Name & Hosting Videos:
The following videos are also included as a bonus with purchase of this video series:
- How To Buy A Domain Name
- How To Buy Webhosting
- How To Set Up A Nameserver
- How To Set Up Add-On & SubDomains
- Unbranded Videos
- Professional Screencast Recording
Product Usage Rights
- Personal rights only. For more details, go here.